- July Fundraisers – This past month we held several fundraisers in order to help us reach our financial goal to make Seminole Days a success. We had a lot of fun at our two hamburger sales, our ice cream sale, and our chicken plate sale. Each helped us get closer to our goal and we thank all of those who attended.
- Masonic Lodge – On August 19th we accomplished one of our biggest goals, which was to start cleaning the Masonic Lodge located on Spring Street, in front of the Carver School grounds. Our project is to incorporate it into the museum. We hope to use it as a resource and research center in the future.
| || |
Upcoming Activities and Events
- Seminole Days – Seminole Days is a month away! We look forward to seeing you here from September 18-20. See the itinerary here.
- Seminole Float – If you want to ride in the parade but you don't have a car or float, join us! We will meet at 9:30AM on Saturday, September 19th. At the end of the parade all participants will get a free drink.
- Group Picture – We want to start a new tradition. We want to start taking a group picture every year. After the parade we will gather in front of the Carver School for our first annual picture.
- Choir – Do you want to be part of a choir for Seminole Days? Contact us!
- Next Meeting – Everyone is welcomed to our next meeting on September 19th at 1PM at the Carver School grounds. Please attend, we can really use your ideas.
- Class Reunion – What do you think about organizing a class reunion at the Carver School? Please share your ideas with us!
- Membership — Membership is $24. You can pay your membership at any time online, just click here. As you know, Seminole Days is a busy time. We encourage you to pay your membership before Seminole Days so that it doesn’t slip your mind.
- Update your information – Please send your updated information to email@example.com
- Volunteers — We are always seeking volunteers to help with cleaning the Carver School Grounds and the cemetery. If you are interested, please contact us.
- Donations — Your donations are always welcomed. Your continued support will always be appreciated. You can see our list of needs here.
- Website – Little by little we are adding content to our website. Do you have ideas or materials to share? Please let us know!